Journalism Department Job: Photo Tech Assistant
The Journalism Department seeks a responsible undergraduate or graduate student to work as a photo tech assistant.
Days/Hours: Mon-Thurs 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and/or other hours by arrangement, up to 20 hours available
Duration: Fall Semester 2021
Pay rate: $17/hour
• Check out the photo, video, and multimedia equipment for journalism students
• Assess the condition of and maintain equipment
• Prepare equipment for checkout Set up and maintain web-based reservation system for equipment
• Work effectively with Journalism Department staff and faculty to support requests and assist them with photo, video, and multimedia equipment • Help students with video, photo, or multimedia equipment questions
• Keep equipment room organized and tidy
• Help with office tasks like photocopying and campus deliveries.
• Experience working with photo, video, audio, and other multimedia equipment
• Familiarity with Excel
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Experience working with Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Audition desirable
• Experience cleaning and maintaining photo, video, and multimedia equipment desirable
• Excellent communication skills desirable
• Course work in photojournalism, video, broadcast, or cinema production classes desirable
TO APPLY: Send an email with cover letter, resume, Fall 2021 class schedule, and names and contact info for two references (including at least one SFSU professor) to Amber Wehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position could be combined with the computer lab assistant position.