The SFSU Journalism Department's Student Professional Development Grant provides funding for enterprising students who want to travel to cover a story, attend a professional meeting or training opportunity, or purchase documents or supplies needed to pursue a journalistic project.
Students can apply for grants of up to $1,000.
Applications should be submitted by March 1, May 1 or Sept. 15 for consideration by the Student Professional Development Grant Committee. Students may apply at other times and applications will be considered if funding is available.
1. Applicants must be Journalism majors or minors or bilingual Spanish journalism majors or minors.
2. Applicants must be currently enrolled at SF State.
3. All students who get funding from the Student Professional Development Fund should follow up with a deliverable. This could be presentation to a class on what you learned; a brief report to the Journalism Department Student Professional Development Committee; a digital copy of the presentation delivered at a professional meeting; a summary of social media activity (such as live-tweeting relevant commentary) from the event, or a story published by a student or professional media organization.
3. Funds must be expended in accordance with state travel regulations.
4. Students may not be reimbursed for mileage or the cost of a rental car unless employed by the University (or appointed as a volunteer) and meets the SF State Driver Safety Program requirements.
Please find application at this link: https://sfsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5vddNM87lngjyCy
For questions, please contact Amber Wehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.