Apply for Graduation

Be sure that you have a signature from your adviser in your minor department BEFORE seeking a signature from the Journalism chair. Please note that you do NOT need to get a Journalism faculty advisor's signature on your Graduation Application.

You will need to take the SF State Senior Exit Survey before being allowed to fill out the Graduation Application. The Graduation Application will provide you with department codes for both your major and minor. In addition, the department will require an online exit survey for Journalism majors. The Journalism Department Graduating Senior Survey for Fall 2020 can be accessed here. Please note that the survey will change each each semester and we will update the link on our website at the beginning of each semester. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Graduation Applications will only be accepted via email for Fall 2020. Please email completed Graduation Application packets to

Graduation Applications for Fall 2020 will be due to the Journalism Department, via email, on Friday September 18th, 2020

Graduation Applications for Fall 2020 will be due to the Registrar on Friday September 25th, 2020. Any submissions after September 25th will result in a $5 late fee payable to the Registrar.

ATTENTION: Starting Spring 2021 the Registrar will no longer be needing paper Graduation Applications. Students will be applying online through their student center. Please make sure that your DPR is up to date as that is how your requirements will be reviewed and your degree issued. For more information please refer to the Registrar's website on applying for graduation. Students can start to apply for Spring 2021 graduation starting on September 1st, 2020 and the deadline for priority submissions end on December 15th, 2020. If you are a Journalism minor applying for graduation Spring 2021 then please complete the minor portion of the Graduation Application and email it to Journalism majors are still required to complete the Journalism Department's major survey even though the graduation process will be online. After completing the survey please email the last page to Please click here to access the survey.

Related Links