Journalism Department Job: Computer Lab Assistant
The Journalism Department seeks a work-study student to work as a computer lab assistant
Days/hours: Mondays-Thursdays, 5-7 p.m. on campus (students who can work most but not all of the hours listed should still apply); duration: Fall Semester 2021
Pay rate: $16.50/hour
• Assist journalism students with software and hardware issues in the department.
• Work effectively with Journalism Department staff and faculty to support requests and assist them with computer, printer, or electronic and logistical issues.
• Ensure printers in department are filled with paper, and that cartridges are functioning and operating properly.
• Actively assist students with software problems and/or video, photo and audio equipment questions.
• Work with staff and faculty to perform general department duties necessary for general operations of department, promotion of events or printing of materials • Troubleshoot basic networking problems within department as well as server for offsite access.
• Maintain two computer labs and ensure clean monitors, keyboards and mice and proper functionality.
• Ensure labs are filled with Journalism Department students only.
• Help with office tasks like photocopying and campus deliveries.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills a must. Journalism ethics and judgment, and willingness to take initiative when appropriate.
• Reliable • Macintosh proficiency
• Good working knowledge of Apple computers; Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint; and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience troubleshooting and maintaining PCs and Macs highly desirable.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds
TO APPLY: Send email with cover letter, resume, Fall 2021 class schedule and names, application and contact info for two references (including at least one SFSU professor) to Amber Wehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.