Journalism Department Job: Communications Assistant
The Journalism Department seeks a work-study student to work as a communications assistant
Days/Hours: 5-10 hours a week, flexible hours; remote or on campus; duration: Fall Semester 2021
Pay rate: $16.50/hour
• Report, write and edit articles and shoot and edit photos and video for Journalism Department monthly newsletter, website, and other communications materials
• Shoot and photos and video for Journalism Department newsletter and website
• Create videos and slideshows for Journalism Department events
• Compile internships, jobs, and scholarships
• Create social media posts promoting department news and events
• Help plan, promote and staff Journalism Department events
• Help with office tasks like photocopying materials, posting flyers to bulletin boards, etc.
• Strong writing and editing skills and familiarity with Associated Press style required
• Experience shooting and editing photos and video
• Experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; Canva; and Mailchimp highly desirable
• Detail-oriented, easy to work with, takes direction well
• Experience with newsletters, marketing, event planning, graphic design, and social media is highly desirable.
TO APPLY: Send an email with cover letter, resume, Fall 2021 class schedule, application, and names and contact info for two references (including at least one SFSU professor) to Amber Wehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.