Journalism Department Job: Computer Lab Assistant
The Journalism Department seeks a work-study student to work as a computer lab assistant
Days/Hours: Mondays-Thursdays, 5-6:30 p.m. on campus (students who can work most but not all of the hours listed should still apply); duration: Fall Semester 2022
Pay rate: $16.50/hour
• Assist journalism students with software and hardware issues in the department.
• Work effectively with Journalism Department staff and faculty to support requests and assist them with computer, printer, or electronic and logistical issues.
• Ensure printers in the department are filled with paper, and that cartridges are functioning and operating properly.
• Actively assist students with software problems and/or video, photo, and audio equipment questions.
• Work with staff and faculty to perform general department duties necessary for general operations of department, promotion of events or printing of materials
• Troubleshoot basic networking problems within the department as well as a server for offsite access.
• Maintain two computer labs and ensure clean monitors, keyboards, and mice and proper functionality.
• Ensure labs are filled with Journalism Department students only.
• Help with office tasks like photocopying and campus deliveries.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are a must. Journalism ethics and judgment, and willingness to take initiative when appropriate.
• Macintosh proficiency
• Good working knowledge of Apple computers; Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint; and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience troubleshooting and maintaining PCs and Macs is highly desirable.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds
TO APPLY: Send an email with cover letter, resume, Fall 2022 class schedule and names, application, and contact info for two references (including at least one SFSU professor) to Amber Wehrer at email@example.com.