Journalism Department Job: Communications Assistant
The Journalism Department seeks a work-study student to work as a communications assistant
Days/hours: 5-10 hours a week, flexible hours; remote or on campus; duration: Fall Semester 2021
Pay rate: $16.50/hour
• Report, write and edit articles and shoot and edit photos and video for Journalism Department monthly newsletter, website, and other communications materials
• Shoot and photos and video for Journalism Department newsletter and website
• Create videos and slideshows for Journalism Department events
• Compile internships, jobs and scholarships
• Create social media posts promoting department news and events
• Help plan, promote and staff Journalism Department events
• Help with office tasks like photocopying materials, posting flyers to bulletin boards, etc.
• Strong writing and editing skills and familiarity with Associated Press style required
• Experience shooting and editing photos and video
• Experience with social media, including Facebook,Twitter and Instagram; Canva; and Mailchimp highly desirable
• Detail oriented, easy to work with, takes direction well
• Experience with newsletters, marketing, event planning, graphic design and social media highly desirable.
TO APPLY: Send email with cover letter, resume, Fall 2021 class schedule, application and names and contact info for two references (including at least one SFSU professor) to Amber Wehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org.