This program is not a requirement for any credential or degree but is intended to give students an opportunity to pursue their interests in journalism in an organized way.
Fall 2008 gender data.
Certified Internships Information
Be the agent of your own success.
- Mapping Your Future as a Journalist
- Equipment and Labs
- Activities Outside of Class
- Student Safety Guide for Reporting in the Field
- California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request (AB 540)
The department encourages journalism students to explore the world from other shores.
- Danish School of Journalism Bilateral Exchange
- University of Technology, Sydney Bilateral Exchange
- ieiMedia, The Institute for Education in International Media
- Europe in the World Journalism Bilateral Exchange
Department rules and policies.
- Journalism Department Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Policies on Missed Deadlines, Misspelled Names and Factual Errors
- Department Policy on Use of Anonymous Sources
- Two Degrees of Separation Rule
- Use of Technology in the Classroom
- Tardiness and Attendance
- Illness and Leave from a Course
Concentrations include Print and Online Journalism, and Photojournalism.
Journalism majors and minors are strongly encouraged to consult with a faculty adviser every academic year.