Journalism majors and minors are strongly encouraged to consult with a faculty adviser every academic year.
Concentrations include Print and Online Journalism, and Photojournalism.
Department rules and policies.
- Department Policy on Use of Anonymous Sources
- Illness and Leave from a Course
- Internship Policy
- Journalism Department Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Policies on Missed Deadlines, Misspelled Names and Factual Errors
- Tardiness and Attendance
- Two Degrees of Separation Rule
- Use of Technology in the Classroom
This program is not a requirement for any credential or degree but is intended to give students an opportunity to pursue their interests in journalism in an organized way.
Be the agent of your own success.
- Activities Outside of Class
- Equipment and Labs
- Mapping Your Future as a Journalist
- Student Safety Guide for Reporting in the Field
Fall 2008 gender data.
The department encourages journalism students to explore the world from other shores.